Alright, let’s dive into today’s topic! Believe it or not, as analytical as I am, I do not consider myself a techie. In fact my whole business is built around helping businesses have a website, that requires little to no tech skills. As non-techies, building a website can be a daunting task, but with the right website builder, it can make building it a breeze. Here are the top website builders to consider in 2023 to get that website looking pixel perfect.
Non Tech Friendly website builders
Ratings: Ease of use 5/5 , Affordability 4/5
Best for: Anyone new to websites, designers who don’t want to code, anyone who likes an all in one platform
Wix is a popular website builder that’s perfect for beginners. The no. 1 reason it’s so popular is because It offers a drag-and-drop interface. This one feature alone makes it so easy to design your website without possessing any coding knowledge. Literally, it’s pretty much as easy as cracking an egg. Another reason non-techies love it is because Wix has a wide selection of templates, so you can find one that fits your brand’s personality, and customize it to to your heart’s content.
- Easy to use with a drag-and-drop interface
- Wide selection of templates
- Reasonable pricing plans
- Limited customization options
- Advertisements on free plans
- Occasionally Glitchy
- Mobile is Meh
Rating: Ease of use 4/5, Affordability: 3/5
Best for: New Businesses, Designers who work with no tech clients, Anyone who wants a quick launch
Squarespace is another user-friendly website builder that’s great for beginners. It offers a variety of templates that are modern and stylish. It also includes features such as e-commerce integration and analytics to track your website’s performance.
- Modern and stylish templates
- E-commerce integration
- Analytics to track website performance
- Limited flexibility in terms of design and functionality
- Higher pricing compared to other website builders
- complex when it comes to creating design systems
Rating: Ease of use 2/5 , Affordability 4/5
Best for: Experts, established and growing businesses, the people who want a website fully customized
WordPress.org (not to be confused with its twin sister WordPress.com) is a widely used website builder that’s perfect for those who want more customization options. It’s 100x more complex than Wix and Squarespace, but that is mostly because it offers so much flexibility in terms of design and functionality. So why is this on my non techie list if it’s so complicated? I’m glad you asked. It’s because many brilliant minds have created easy to use drag and drop builders that mimic exactly what you see on platforms like Wix or Squarespace. You simply plug it into your WordPress site and viola! you have a non-techies dream WordPress set up.
- Highly customizable with plugins and themes
- Complete ownership and control of your website
- Ideal for complex websites
- Steep learning curve for beginners
- Requires technical knowledge for customization & setup
Rating: Ease of use 4/5, Affordability 3/5
Showit is a drag-and-drop website platform that provides total creative freedom over the layout and design of your website, all without a single line of code. This platform’s rise to fame is
- Drag-and-drop interface for easy design
- Offers responsive design for multiple devices
- Includes blogging capabilities
- Many template options available for purchase
- Limited e-commerce functionality
- Must design twice (once for desktop and once for mobile)
When choosing a website builder, it’s important to consider your website’s goals and objectives, your budget, and your technical expertise. Use the worksheet above to help you make an informed decision.
Now, let’s get your website up and running!